Friday 12 April 2019

The April Library Book Photo

Not so many from the library van this month.

3 Crime fiction, two old and reprinted and one is the first in a new series by Alys Clare. Katie Fforde for a bit of light and fluffy reading and the one by Joanna Cannon I know nothing about but I did enjoy her first book - The Trouble with Sheep and Goats.


Last month I brought home all this lot, and still have several here, those I've read have been added to the Books Read 2019 page. Several have gone back unread. Couldn't make sense of "Breathe". "The Spring Watch Almanac" isn't much good as a library book as it needs reading day by day as spring unfolds. "Red Rag to a Bull" was too wordy
Hopefully enough here to read through the month, and plenty of my own if I run short.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

6 comments:

  1. When I visit the Library I like to come back with an armful and I usually find that only 2 or 3 of them are any good. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh a new series by Alys Clare - one to add to my to be read pile, thank you. Hope you enjoy this month's selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been an avid reader all my life....somehow, though, I just can't seem to get stuck into a book for the last few months. I used to read 2 or 3 books a week, now one takes me about a month! And each time I pick it up, I've forgotten what happened in the last chapter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Alys Clare. I'll have to add her to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to the library in a while. I have been downloading books onto my ereader and really finding that the free books really for the most part are not to my liking. I do read them though as once I start I figure I should finish them.

    Perhaps a ride to the library tomorrow is in order. I will look and see if any of the authors you read are available here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just read '3 things about Elsie'- really enjoyed it. I will look out for your review.

    ReplyDelete