Friday 24 May 2024

Very Small Art Exhibition

 This art exhibition in a local village was much smaller than recent years. I reckon all the people who took up art during covid have now gone back to their normal jobs and don't have time for painting!

I didn't see anything that I loved and some not very interesting. About half the show was large framed photographs of birds and zoo animals - OK, but not my favourite type of art.

Just a short look at some of the work on show- too much reflection from windows for good photos I'm afraid



Helen Maxfield's Linocuts below - she exhibits at all the local art exhibitions. She seems to have some different pictures this year.


This one below is done with pastels - The sunshine on the meadow is well done



A watercolour of a Lotus flower


And These below ..........whatever they are! Not something I'd want on my walls!



These two below which are labelled as Digital Print - on a computer I guess, are they proper art?. One is called 'Cats in Windows' and the other ' Dogs in Windows'. Wouldn't want these either.




I bought a card featuring an avocet to add to the birthday card box, it's one of Helen Maxfield's, although I might keep it and find a frame for it to add to my 'art wall'


Didn't take long to look round and I was soon on my way home again. Another Art Exhibition has been noted in the diary for visiting in June.

Back Soon
Sue


24 comments:

  1. I think your covid-artists comment is very perceptive. At the last local art thing we went to, there were many of the same pictures from the year before. Maybe they will eventually sell them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to see new work by Helen Maxfield as I'm sure her previous prints were at all the shows last year

      Delete
  2. I quite like the digital prints in the right context but those nudes - at least, I suppose they are nudes - no, thank you!
    The sunshine on the meadow one is just beautiful. I'd give that house room any day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very weird nudes, imagine living with that every day!

      Delete
  3. Think I might go for the lotus but only that it provokes a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite would be the hare (first picture), although I also like your avocet card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might keep the avocet - I like the colours

      Delete
  5. Yes, frame the pic, it's great. She is a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to framing the avocet-it’s lovely. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall start searching for a square frame but they are not easy to find second-hand

      Delete
  7. I agree, I think those nudes are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a real mix of art. Love the avocet. It seems not one piece featured bright colors, everything seems muted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A mixed bunch. I like the card you bought too.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nudes have a lot of energy, however they're knockoffs of deKooning. Someone's counting on our not knowing that?
    The two of animals in windows would go well in a public space, rather than a home. I can see them in a coffee shop, something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My old spine often feels the way the first nude's spine looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first one...hares and bright colours. My taste down to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For a smaller show there were some lovely works of art.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete