Monday 14 October 2024

Not Quite Elixir No 9

 I photocopied these pages from a library book (Christine Iverson - Home Apothecary) several years ago and it's been folded inside one of my books ever since. I was reminded of it when Ali @ Ali Lives Well on Less mixed up her own version a couple of weeks ago. 





I had some organic cider vinegar  in the cupboard but not 800ml, so used what I had which was about 500ml and  I knew I wouldn't find fresh horseradish or turmeric anywhere but I bought a lemon and a piece of ginger and used what was in the cupboards to make this. 

To the chopped lemon and ginger and the vinegar I added chopped onion, dried chillies, chopped garlic from a jar and thought I'd chuck in some powdered turmeric for luck (which might not have been a good idea - depends if I can filter it out at the end).

 I will definitely add honey and warm water when I take it through the winter. 

It might be kill or cure!


Back Soon 
Sue

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what it smells like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly sounds as though it might have quite a kick!

    ReplyDelete