Thursday 3 October 2024

St Peter, Hepworth

 If an event is held in a church I've not visited it's a good opportunity to go - knowing it will definitely be open and I went to St Peter's Hepworth while they were holding a small art exhibition but it then made it very difficult to take photos. So   HERE  is a link to Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches website so you can see all the things I couldn't!





The font cover is quite amazing and dates from the C15 and survived a fire in 1898 when the thatched roof, as the church had at the time, was completely destroyed.


The paintings were interesting but nothing  that stood out. There were more paintings in the village hall and I really should have taken a photo of a very colourful picture of Silver Birches in autumn which was lovely but expensive.

Back Soon
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Old churches, cathedrals especially, fill me with amazement and awe - how they constructed them so many 100s of years ago without all the advanced tools of today just confounds me.

    ReplyDelete