Friday 18 October 2024

The October Library Book Photo

 10 books collected yesterday. They are all books I'd reserved . There might have been 15 as there are 5 others already in transit that will be waiting for me in November.


Five crime including a new-to me-author  ........Jeanne M Dams - perhaps someone in blogland had mentioned it. 'Whale Fall' is a debut novel set in 1938 on a remote Welsh island. There are 4 non fiction including a cookery book and a garden book for some reason which might be worth looking at or might just be flicked through. I read the book about Derek Jarman's garden on the stony wastes of Dungeness and I think someone mentioned the book about his home was also interesting so I reserved it. I have a feeling that I've borrowed' The Wheel of The Year' before.


Last month I brought home the books below. I've still got A Mudlarking Year and the Donna Leon here.  


Couldn't get into 'Before The Fact' and I didn't find anything interesting in the cookery or gardening book.


And as I mentioned last Saturday - only the Agatha Christie from the Autumn titled books was read.


That means I only read 4 out of 12.  My take on those I read are on the separate Books Read 2024 page.

Back Soon
Sue

4 comments:

  1. You certainly are allowed a lot of books out at one time! I must check our allowance, it used to be three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can have 20 out at a time! When I worked in libraries through the 70's it was 3 but it changed several years ago.

      Delete
  2. I can almost feel those shiny covers. I relish that moment just before I start reading a new book. With some books, that's the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely selection of books. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete