Saturday 12 October 2024

This Weeks Happenings

 Last weekend I said I'd decided to paint the small bedroom/toy room with just enough paint left from the living room to do it but painting in a small room with a single bed and a book shelf that are too big to move out isn't easy. I moved very carefully and slowly, as I could imagine stepping back and straight into the paint pot like something from a slapstick comedy! 
I started by shifting out all the toys and books, removed 15 little hooks and filled the holes that were left and began with two walls that had to be completely finished before I could move the bed and shelves to get to the other two walls. All finished now except for moving everything back in again. I may weed out some toys now too - the grandchildren are growing up. The youngest  - down in Surrey - is 3 tomorrow.
  

I've not bothered with a TV schedule magazine for several weeks - I still miss the copy of the Radio Times that used to come through the letter box every Thursday but I'm doing without for a while to save some pennies before Christmas (and yes I know I can look online but it's not the same as a paper copy in the hand). Luckily I  came across info on several new crime series starting on TV soon - Dalgeish, Ellis and DI Ray all start sometime soon and second series of Chelsea detective started Wednesday. Lots to look forward to. I watched all of Ludwig - a clever story and it will be back for another series.

Did you know there's a US version of Have I Got News For You? It's on BBC iplayer and almost as funny as our version.......... apart from not knowing who they are talking about!  I reckon HIGNFY is one of the best programmes on TV ...watching politicians squirm has to be fun.

My Reading The Seasons 'challenge' isn't going well.  Out of the books with Autumn in their title that I'd reserved and brought home last month, I only read one. The rest have gone back unread. I'd read some of Lesley Cookman's book in the past but stopped as they were all the same and this one was just as bad - they are written almost completely in dialogue and there are so many characters that I was completely lost after about 30 pages.

Couldn't get into the Louis De Bernieres book at all and the one called Autumn Leaves was truly bad! So just the Christie book read. Which means that it's nearly halfway through Autumn already and I've only read two with Autumn in their titles and nothing else I fancy reading on the library website.

Someone did  ask if I would include books with 'fall' in their titles as well as Autumn- but I decided against as there are over 2,000 on the library website and many are romances. The way the days fly by it will soon be time to look for 'Winter' titles anyway and with the first hard frost on the car windscreen on Friday morning winter is on the way.


Must say apologies for not commenting much this week and not replying  yesterday due to the painting and when I wasn't shifting and painting I was outside clearing up in the garden - the job list out there is long, as is the list of things I need to get made in the kitchen.....that's next week.

Have a good weekend.

Back Soon
Sue

2 comments:

  1. There are some good detective stories on TV, though I don't like violence and tend to pick and choose. The weather suddenly went very cold, we haven't reached the frost stage yet but Northerly winds today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting the painting done and on the decluttering. It’s pouring here today so I will just get the sewing machine out. Catriona

    ReplyDelete