Saturday 26 October 2024

The Last Saturday in October or Where Did The Week Go?

Last Saturday I popped out to where they have the Sunday boot sale to look at an Antique Fayre - it was raining so only a couple of outside stalls and not many inside either. I'm glad I waited until 9am so didn't have to pay to get in! It was open to dealers before 9 for £5 - I wonder if it was worthwhile for them. Didn't see anything of interest but did say Hello to my cousin who had a stall there.


I know someone in blogland likes this Hornsea  pottery, can't remember who. There was another stall with several pieces too and  a stall full of Portmeirion - which I thought had gone out of fashion as I'd found two bits at car -boot sales but the lady said some people are still collecting.



On Sunday DiL had booked a table at a local pub to celebrate Son's birthday. YD and EGD came over from the coast. Lovely to get the Suffolk parts of the family together for a few hours.

I've not been to Sainsburys for ages as it's the wrong side of Ipswich but as I was in town for the dentist ( just a check up - thankfully) on Monday I went a mile further  for some of their cheap 'cooking bacon'...the name amuses me as surely all bacon has to be cooked but their packs of offcuts and strange shapes are £1 for a 500g a pack. I split these up into 8 smaller amounts before freezing.

In theory Asda should have something similar, but in Stowmarket they never do.

After the wet Saturday and dull Sunday there was some good sunny weather during the week and I got some more garden bits cut back and half filled the garden waste bin - Yet Again but there's still a ton of Buddleia to tackle. Couldn't get the grass cut with my battery mower - too much moisture, if it stays like this I shall have to call up BiL with his motor mower as the blinkin' grass is still growing.

I moved the craft shelf unit in my bedroom to make a space for a table and got a hand to move it in from the garage to the corner so now I've got somewhere to put and wrap Christmas gifts out of the way. A smaller desk would have been nice but would have meant spending money - which is what I don't want to do as I've spent enough on the living room recently.

My reading this week  is the latest Whitstable Pearl crime novel 'Murder at the Allotment' by Julie Wassmer. I may be wrong but these seem to have got more 'cosy' since they were turned into a TV series. On TV I've been watching a little of very odd US series on the free Pluto TV channel called Scorpion which is about a group of eccentric geniuses who take on solving complex problems for the government. It ran from 2014 - 2018. 


It's the last Saturday car-boot at Needham today -  except for a special Christmas one in December - weather permitting -  so I'd better nip down there and give it a look.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing and I'll be back Monday.

Sue







2 comments:

  1. I think you could adjust the title of this to ask where has the year gone! I quite like Hornsea and have quite a few pieces. Sadly the rubber seals have all perished over time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hornsea, but drastically downsized on retirement, and my collection is 99% Cornrose pattern now. There is NO Cornrose on that Display! I have purchased replacement rubber seals online for my storage jars.
    I think Morrisons cooking bacon is good value -but not always available
    The year has gone really quickly for me too. Keep warm and well, my friend 👍❤️

    ReplyDelete