Tuesday 19 December 2017

December 19th and 50p for Christmas Decorations

Way, way back in November 2013, when my first blog was just a baby, I went to a Christmas sale in the village but only found a 50p decoration to buy
This was it.

The Post was on 30th November 2013 and was one of the 30 ways to save £1 posts and also in the title it said "50p for Christmas Decorations"

You can see the post here if you feel  so inclined

A strange thing then happened, the post went crazy.............at the time I was getting about a couple of hundred page views a day, but this got over a 1000! and if anyone googled "Christmas Decorations" a picture of this decoration came up with a link to the blog.

It's now got 2,271 page views!! while posts before and after vary between 200 and 400.
How odd
I was reminded of this when I bought this little glass Nativity scene for 50p from a charity shop in Stowmarket last weekend.
It's meant to have a tea-light behind it, but that doesn't really add much. Need sunshine I think to get a good effect or a good LED.

I've added it to the mantel-shelf with a rather ineffective battery tea-light for now...................
The question is, will the same thing happen again, will this post go viral? .............................................................I shall wait with bated breath for a massive spike in page views!!

Back Tomorrow
Sue

17 comments:

  1. I love your blog and your Christmas ornament:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely and very festive. I, too, really love your blog.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both covetable especially for 50 p! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charity shops are jam packed with Christmas decorations, I love seeing what they have

      Delete
  4. I read your blog everyday Sue but must confess I don't comment much on any blog. Your little navity scene is beautiful and agree the sunlight behind would light it up more. Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is strange how the right tag will spike our page views? I do so love your snowman door hanger. My kind of thing these days. It can be so disappointing when the tea lights just don't shine through for a good display. I often use a small candle instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some cheap battery tea lights - useless.
      I must make an effort to bang a nail in the front door porch post so I can hang up the Welcome sign - plastic doors are no good at Christmas

      Delete
  6. Well done on the views, I have a post called Christmas cat, I posted years ago, but thanks to Pintrest and my photo being saved it has gone mental this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall now go and look it up and add to your page views!

      Delete
  7. I never check things like that! Perhaps I should. Although I might get depressed as no-one reads my posts?! Love both the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be surprised and find you have 1000s of page views!

      Delete
  8. You are obviously a lucky person, you have been very fortunate with some of your car boot stuff. I love the nativity decoration, simple but stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both lovely decorations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely glass nativity! It's hard to believe it's been 4 years already... each holiday season takes me a little by surprise.

    ReplyDelete