Sunday 24 December 2017

December 24th and Christmas Books From My Shelves


Some Festive books from my shelves

 I've had this for years.............but have yet to get round to reading it!   .

  The book below has only been here for a couple of months. It was a 1p + postage buy from Amazon
 after I got  interested in the Edwardian Country lady books and bought the colouring book.

It's got seasonal bits in from dozens of authors past and present as well as Edith Holden's drawings and nature notes, articles from Punch, recipes and even a couple of knitting patterns. I've been reading a little every day.

And a book that's been around for ever, it's moved house as many times as us and I guess originally came from the States (as it's priced in cents!) via jumble sale.

The well loved poem by Clement C. Moore written for his children in 1822 and a Must Read on this day every year.

Back Soon
Sue



15 comments:

  1. Lovely books. How ever would we manage without them?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Night before Christmas will be read in this house too this evening (it's the last of the advent books). The start of a new tradition for us. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I just felt a little Christmas shiver go down my spine when I saw the Twas The Night....book. It looks glorious. I am definitely going to look at my festive reads today! Merry Christmas to you and Col, Sue, and I hope next year brings much health and happiness to you both.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to get old and new favourites off the shelf for a good read, especially at Christmas isn't it. I think I'll make 2018 the year I read more and watch tv less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a selection of Christmas books particulary poetry which I read at this time of year. Thank you for sharing some of yours. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a good book with a Christmas story.

    Wishing you and Col the happiest Christmas and a New Year full of good things.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas 🎅.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Suffolk Christmas looks interesting - I like those kind of books - I am taking a few to my daughters but with a 3 year old around will I get the time to read? Maybe I'm too hopeful. Have a wonderful Christmas. Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Night Before Christmas. A traditional read when our four were small, now for their kids. Happy Christmas so good you are together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to read the wonderful 'Night before Christmas' to my children all through December. We loved it. My daughter was about six when she asked for some "visions of sugarplums" for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have ordered one of your books from yesterday from my library - the Upson book. I've read some of hers before but that one is new to me. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete