There were big expenses as mentioned during the month
- New hot water tank and all the work involved
- Fog light glass repair on car
- Car Serviced
- New Passport
The only small frugal-ing was................
- Used my small Tesco voucher to buy a raffle prize ready for the village over 60's meal.
- Eating beetroot from the garden everyday.
- Reading library books for free
- Didn't use tumble drier all month (can't remember the last time I did use it)
- Peppers, courgettes and mange tout peas from freezer
- Used my one home grown squash to form the base of a pan full of veg curry. Made 5 meals to put in freezer..
- Won chocolate orange at WI, put away for Christmas.
- Picked up twigs and sticks from meadow for kindling wood
- Ordered wild bird feed when they were doing a special offer and got free suet pellets
- Made more chutney using free apples from a "Help yourself to windfalls" box outside a house in the village
- And another batch of chutney using beetroot from the garden and apples as above.
- Got things for 2 hampers from car-boot sale
- Also chocolate teddies for 5 hampers
- Clothes from charity shop
- Christmas presents for Grandchildren from Charity shop and boot sale.
Haven't mentioned this lately but I'm still getting rid of stuff
OUT in November went 2 pairs of curtains - they'd already moved house twice so instead of putting them back in the airing cupboard after the new hot water tank was fitted they went into a bag for the charity shop along with a few more books.
OUT of the workshop went the two chainsaws and things that go with chainsaws and several clamps. They went home with Col's brother.
OUT to a fundraiser for the doctors surgery went some books
OUT to the charity shop went some shirts and jeans of Colins
OUT of the meadow went the old caravan. The kitchen man said he could tidy it up to use it and knew someone who could re-upholster the mouse-eaten seating. (it would have cost me £425 to send it for scrap and was no longer suitable to sell as it had deteriorated badly over the last few years).
OUT to an auction house went some jewellery that has been passed onto me over the years. Some will go into their regular monthly jewellery auction and one piece kept back for their specialist auction next year. It was all too chunky for me to wear so I thought might as well sell and buy another plain ring or I might get myself a watch that winds.(Battery watches always stop on me!)
ALMOST OUT went the jigsaw puzzles plus kitchen utensils from the caravan (into the car boot box under the stairs)
I'm very pleased at how I've got on with Christmas Day and Christmas present shopping, lots done so no panic next month, although there are things I want to do in the kitchen but the kitchen man has been here all week and at the rate he goes will be here for most of next week too......everything is double or treble fixed.........it seems to go on forever......I feel sorry for the person in the future who wants to remove this kitchen. It WILL be done eventually I know.
Thank you for all the comments about the cushion...........I hope everyone realised that I wasn't being at all serious!