Last Sunday I took a trip out to the local car boot sale on it's 2nd week of opening and it was full up with booters even though the weather was still pretty cold. My "What to look for at boot sales" list got some more things ticked.
Here's how the list has changed from mid February up to date.
- For Willow.... young children's classic books like Very Hungry Caterpillar (Still looking for a copy of VHC but have found others)
- For Willow...............Wooden fit-the-shapes-in puzzles✔
- For Florence.......winter clothes aged 3 - 4 .....ready for next winter (Few found but need more)
- For Jacob's birthday ? (must ask eldest what Jacob needs)✔ Sorted
- For me..............vest tops in light colours (None found yet, may buy some cheap new ones)
- Things that would make Christmas gifts (No luck yet.... except for Grandchildren)
- Printer cartridges - Epson with a cheetah picture - vain hope! ✔ Huge surprise, found 3 out of the 4 colours at the local sale on Sunday!
I grabbed this pack of 3 out of the 4 colours needed for my printer £3 instead of £30 something A lemon balm plantFound one growing in the garden
- Kilner or similar bottles (Not jars -have plenty of them) for flavoured vinegar gifts ✔ ( Found 3 in a charity shop in Diss for 99p each
A stacking toy for Willow✔ at the local boot sale and given for part of her birthday pressie
I'm sure there are other things I'm looking for but didn't make a note of and can't remember now
I swam and shopped and of course there was the birthday outing on Tuesday, thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes.
And then I had the house valued!
I have no intention of moving but a card came through the door from one of the big Estate Agents a few weeks back (but wouldn't use them to sell) offering free valuations.So out of curiousity, just to see how the improvements that have been done have increased the value, I showed a man around. He thought it was wonderful (they always say that!) worth more than his research had indicated (they always say that too!). He had at least 30 families who would be interested in viewing straight away (not sure I believe that). Anyway the value has increased by about £50,000 and maybe a bit more, on what we paid 2 years ago, which is what I thought. I'm happy with that and still plan to stay until I can't manage here or get really fed up with having to drive absolutely everywhere.
And yesterday the Surrey part of the family arrived for more birthday and Easter celebrations over the weekend.......................... A lovely busy family weekend ahead.
This week I am grateful for
- The fun of searching for things at boot sales
- Sharing a birthday with a granddaughter
- Warm and sunny days.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.