This last week was one of those weeks.
So on Monday I stayed at home all day until evening WI, enjoying the sunshine - although a bit of grass cutting was done where I'd forgotten to do over the weekend and some hoeing through the beetroot and onions, around the rhubarb and where the Runner Beans will go. Spotted the male Bullfinch to go with the female I saw last week.
On Tuesday I stayed at home except for going to pick up my prescription meds from the doctors pharmacy and tying that in with cheap meal day for pensioners at the Fish and Chip shop in the same village. While at home I went round half the hedge cutting out the brambles and pulling up the nettles so that I can get closer with the ride on mower. Also weeded the strawberry bed while I was picking a bowl full.
On Wednesday I stayed at home all day, the weather was gloomy after a lot of rain overnight. I read a bit, did the ironing and sorted out all my craft papers ready to clear out the majority. I thought I would watch tennis from Queens club - but when I turned on it was 'rain stopped play'
On Thursday I stayed at home all day. The day started sunny but soon clouded up again although the washing got dry easily. I baked and made bread (well the bread maker did the real work) and then got my new "toy" sorted - details next week and finally got to watch some tennis.
On Friday I went to Diss to meet up with Rachel From Norfolk for a coffee, a bit of shopping and then home to watch tennis.
So my quiet week isn't a week doing nothing but a week without plans and driving too far. Means I missed swimming and going to visit Youngest Daughter and Florence and didn't go to Stowmarket and the Household recycling centre which I'd planned but I do feel much better for a less dashing about week.
Here's an occasional new feature for my Saturday round up posts.............
A weeks main meals, just to prove to my family that I'm still eating 'proper' meals even if I have gone off 'proper' cooking!
- Mushroom Tagliatelle ( I got some smoked paprika, makes a big difference)
- Tuna Pasta Salad........ taken to the small WI garden party, so there were lots of other things to eat too including too many delicious deserts.
- Pensioners Fish and Chips meal with home grown lettuce and cucumber.
- Mushroom Omelette (remainder of mushrooms after using half for the tagliatelle)
- Home made Sausage rolls with vegetables out of the freezer.
- A portion of home made veggie curry from the freezer with rice and half a big naan bread.
- A value range small pizza topped with home made topping and more cheese. With lettuce and cucumber from the garden
This week I'm Grateful for -
The mixed weather that has helped the plants
Being happy to stay at home
Meeting up with another blogger
Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll be car-booting of course and I'm going to some open gardens in the village where I went to primary school which is also the village where I spent a lot of time in my early teenage years - just hanging around! Wonder if I'll see any of the people I used to hang around with? Will I recognise anyone after 50 years?