Wednesday 16 September 2020

The Usual Photo of Car-Boot Bargains!

"Oh My God, she's been buying loads of stuff again!"  It's true - but what I buy is secondhand and cheap, saves me money, saves my children money, the money is kept local, saves things from landfill and you won't find photos of all the new things I buy..............because I rarely do.

 Anyway.......I'm not sure how many more car-boot bargain photos there will be........... depends on the weather, once we get spell of wet then they'll have to stop as the whole site gets water-logged.

The Grandchildren came off best as usual last Sunday.

I took the drum (but not the drumsticks) from the box of musical instruments over to Son's house for 7 month old Youngest Grandson to bang,  "music" is important...........right?! Also in the box is a tambourine, shakers and a few other noisy things, better keep them here for now......... £2 paid.

The toy microwave, kettle and toaster (also £2) will stay here but the travel activity packs (50p)will go on journeys with grandchildren when they are a bit older. There's a box of candles (50p) ready for Eldest Granddaughter's birthday in October and the teeny flip-top bottle (20p) to add to two I found in a charity shop are for the Damson Gin for the Christmas hampers.

Finally the old bread-board was just 30p! I've got a few of these now - I use them for pan-stands or chopping boards - never paid as little as 30p for one before though.


Back Tomorrow

Sue

33 comments:

  1. A veritable treasure trove of goodies. Love the bread board, at 30p a bargain, age shall not weary them.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breadboard was being sold by a house clearance person - I would have paid £1

      Delete
  2. That bread board is beautiful, and probably the best bargain I've seen anywhere in a long time. So reminiscent of the bread boards of older days. A real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snapped it up. I have 4 now - better than table mats for hot saucepans

      Delete
  3. Wow ... 30p for that old chopping board, they go for upwards of £10 in 'antique shops'. Love the children's toys, don't they make some lovely things for children now.

    And yes you are doing exactly the right thing buying this way, imagine how much this little stash would have cost you new, and you have made people happy as well as all your other reasons for buying at car boot sales, it's always good when you make some sales and go home with cash instead of the things you no longer need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will love all the cooking bits. Very wise to let them take home the noisy things🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kept the other musical bits here out of the way until Youngest Grandson is a bit older then he can have all the shakers and tambourine too

      Delete
  5. That bread board was a bargain!
    I love the kitchen toys so I'm sure the grandchildren will, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great finds there. The Damson Gin sounds intriguing, I've not come across that before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damsons soaked in gin for months flavours the gin - sounds horrible to me - but OK for the people who like it

      Delete
  7. The bread board is a corker of a bargain. Many years ago I had one just like it, and I know that was a smidge more than 30p!
    Violet used to love those sorts of musical instruments when she was little, and now she's doing music as one of her GCSE options, so you might have started something there! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my old bread boards - handy for hot saucepans and things out of the oven

      Delete

  8. Well done! I love the musical instruments and the bread board. Always useful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drum, tambourine, shakers ... you are going to be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky to find that carved bread board, you should rub it with mineral oil and show us how it looks after, might be gorgeous. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 4 bread boards now - for hot pans and one is a chopping board.

      Delete
  11. Nice finds! I'm really jealous. There haven't been many yard sales here at all. I doubt I would have gone as it is going to houses lol. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed a village yard sale last week - forgot that I had been told about it - cross with myself!

      Delete
  12. Nice goodies for grands and you! I like the cutting board. Getting things cheaper is a good thing to do. I buy things on sale in stores. Do I really need this...no, cuz it's too expensive. Back on the shelf it goes. I have gone through alot of things at home and donated to thrift store here in town that keeps money in town. They help people with it as well. Better than Goodwill. We are waiting for rain here in Oregon, with all the fires still burning. It has been dry all summer. Went outside and watered plants in pots and ground and more water in bird bath. Will see what happens in a few days as it's supposed to get better, air quality wise. Take care~Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've seen the news coverage of the terrible fires in so many States - very frightening. Hope there are rains soon to clear the air and put out the fires

      Delete
  13. Love the bargains you always find. That toaster is so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great haul, I must admit I do miss a good car boot sale.

    ReplyDelete