Monday 19 September 2022

Filming in the Village

 Today will be a strange day - a National holiday- but with nothing happening except the Queens funeral. I'll not be glued to the TV as I  don't like to watch people cry - makes me too sad. 

Tomorrow we can all go back to normal.


Anyway...................

This is what I spotted while walking in the village last week. Lots and lots of vehicles belong to a TV production company were parked on a piece of land that was once the storage area for the building company who built some new homes a few years ago.. 

There was a girl, obviously part of the production team, just ahead of me on the footpath so I asked her what they were filming and she said "The Detectorist".


I've never watched it but it was a comedy about two metal detectorists starring Mackenzie Crook (who also wrote it) and Toby Jones and was on TV for 3 series between 2014 and 2017. 

I'd been heading for a walk round the village Millennium woodland but that turned out to be the location of the filming, and I didn't want to look nosy, so I went home got my camera and went back to take the above photo. By now there was a security person sitting outside the gate where all these trucks etc were parked - so this was the only photo I took.

I looked online and found..................

On 11 May 2022, the BBC confirmed that the show would return for a one-off 75-minute special set to be broadcast later in the year.

So if you watch this later this year and see some of it set in a woodland - that's my village.

Back Soon
Sue



20 comments:

  1. Detectorists is one of my favourite ever series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will look out for that and hope to see your locality! We have a street near us which is used regularly during the school summer holidays by BBC Scotland to film a comedy series.It’s a pain in the neck as it closes off one of the streets and shuts of part of my daily walk! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Detectorists is currently being re shown. I think it's on channel 20 also known as Drama.

      Delete
  3. Oh I really enjoyed that series. Quiet, understated humour with a little pathos. Brilliantly acted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it too. Can't wait to see the special.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Big scoop for a little blog! This is exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very gentle comedy programme and the music is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching the funeral…very good…honoring a great person…

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Detectorist is one of the best programmes out Sue. Have just finished watching the state funeral, it was magnificent in all its glory. But of course the pageantry is a show in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not seen the Detectorist. I'll look for it. I've been watching the funeral. It is beautifully orchestrated to perfection and a historic day indeed. That said, the fact remains, it is also very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have watched the Detectorist and enjoyed it. I did watch some of the funeral this morning with my coffee.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bloomin' love Detectorists, one of the most underrated shows on television.
    Yes, it's making me sad, but I have been watching the Queens funeral all morning. History in the making as the door slowly closes for the final moments on the great second Elizabethan age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fan of the Detectorists, lovely British humour at its best, understated and genuinely funny. Looking forward to the new episode. Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another one who has been watching the Queen's Funeral, after all it's never going to happen again. LOVE Detectorists. If you get the chance to watch it, do, as I know you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to the one-off episode.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did watch The Detecorists and would be overjoyed to see new episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder how they scouted the location. We get the Detectorists over here. It's a gentle comedy based on friendship and accepting people as they are regardless of quirks. It had a happy ending. A nice programme to watch amongst all the rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have watched much of the Queen’s funeral and found it really interesting. The multicolored, natural flowers on the Queen’s casket were so gorgeous. The family must be exhausted.

    Most of us will not live to see it, but I’ve had the feeling for awhile that Princess Charlotte will become Queen one day due to George stepping aside. She seems to be a strong young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the Detectorists on my Acorn watch list. How fun to have it film near you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never watched it but I've heard it is a very good show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh we love the Detectorists! Shall be keeping an eye on that when it is on TV :)

    ReplyDelete