Thursday 27 April 2023

Cards For Men and Crafts For Grandchildren

 A handy find at a recent boot sale were some cards suitable for men. There are two birthday cards and three Christmas cards. Paid £1 for all 5. That's Brother-in-Law Andrew's Christmas cards sorted for the next 3 Christmases! 


At the same time I added more bits to the Grandchildren's craft box,  a couple of stencils for drawing ovals and circles which I thought might be fun and some good  paper for using with the water colour pencils.
Also bought another piece of garden fleece - total spend for these things was £1.50


Useful finds among the tat!

BTW. The comments going to spam thing just gets sillier and sillier. There were 51 yesterday even though I'd cleared out loads the day before, most were my own replies to comments going back to 2017 the rest were the proper spam that used to be a problem. Annoying.

Back Tomorrow
Sue


13 comments:

  1. Same here though not so many at once. Some of mine are from 2010! Just ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comments conundrum is an ongoing pain. I saw a can of Spam in Iceland on Tuesday and nearly bought it. But it was £2 and seemed smaller than the tins I used to get when the girls were at home. So I left it on the shelf...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger did that with my blog a few weeks ago, it put in comments from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger likes playing silly b*****s!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger is a mess. Nice useful finds.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some useful things there ... and getting cards, especially for men, is a really good idea, they are ridiculously expensive now in the shops aren't they.

    I've gotten into the habit of checking the Spam folder every time I'm blogging now as there are always some in there, half of them being my answers to people from years ago, it's very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a birthday card in the store the other day. I was surprised to see that some of the cards were more than $7. EACH.

    I just found one of my comments from 2021 in the spam folder. So strange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always stock up on cards now when I go to the resale shop. I learned that from you a bit ago. Thanks for that tip, Sue.
    Those stencils are a great idea for the kids. I think my grandsons would like something like that as they love to draw "vehicles"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found beautiful cards for the fraction of the price in the stores. Great buy. Your grandchildren must love the craft box and all the new surprises it holds for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Problems with Blogger here too. Not Spam but not getting comments sent to my email.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cards have become ridiculously expensive here also. I sometimes can find nice ones at op shops to top up my stash, 50c instead of up to $7

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was getting 'spam' like that although a lot was old spammy stuff from way back that I was glad had finally been scooped up and sorted.
    It does get a bit much when it's your own replies to comments though, doesn't it?

    The cards are a find - so many cards are feminine biased.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the fairy books.... when we lived on Jersey I received it and "Milly Molly Mandy" for my 6th birthday... still have them both!!

    ReplyDelete