Friday 14 April 2023

Useful Finds

The Easter Saturday Needham Market boot sale was huge, as big as they used to get on Bank Holiday weekends before Covid. 

I bought a bird box to replace one my sister gave me just after I moved here, when I tried to clean out that one, it was soggy wet inside because it was just made from pieces of bark stuck together - no real wood. This one cost me just £3 and it unscrews at the base to clean it out. The grandchildren bits were £3.50, a new to me balloon whisk as my ancient one had gone rusty = 50p, an almost full pack of  food bags =50p- always handy for all sorts of things and a few new bic biros also 50p.



The boot sale was so big that I went halfway round, adjourned to The Duck and Teapot Café for a coffee and cheese scone before going round the other half - the perils of heading out early without breakfast!

I've got Eldest Daughter and the two boys  here for a few days so may not get round to commenting or replying to comments - apologies in advance!

Back Tomorrow
Sue


28 comments:

  1. Sue, a cheese scone is better than your usual cake! Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargains. Bic biros are so reliable - they last much longer than promotional freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese scones wins over cake anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are real bargains for some very useful stuff. And a pleasant day out too.
    Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duck and Teapot is a wonderful name for a cafe - I wonder what the origins are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They asked for suggestions when it was built and opened and choose Duck and Teapot - it's near a lake with ducks!

      Delete
  6. I only said to my daughter yesterday that one of the things I miss the most is going to the car boot each Sunday. We were always up early and it was empty on the roads and we bought so many bargains. Oh well, all good things come to an end, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue I really admire the way you are so organised about boot sales and getting things for forthcoming birthdays and such. It must make things so much easier when Christmas comes round too. I am afraid I am lazy and for many years now I have sent money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be money when they are older that's for sure

      Delete
  8. What a perfect name for a café, the Duck and Teapot Café. There's an empty premises near our car park and river that would be perfect to be a large café and deli ... and I would call it that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great useful finds. Enjoy your daughters visit
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's some very good finds there and I love that cafe name. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did well. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great outing. Especially with cheese scones included in the expedition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love an early morning walk round a boot-sale

      Delete
  13. You've got some great buys for very useful items. A treat at the Duck and Teapot makes for a perfect day. Having your daughter and grandsons visiting sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great purchases.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice finds! Enjoy the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A cheese scone with either a coffee or an Earl Grey is my favourite thing to have especially if it's warmed and served with real butter! Arilx

    ReplyDelete