Wednesday 20 December 2023

December 20th and a Winter Print Exhibition

I've been saving this post just in case of a shortage of time/ideas - that time has come! It's a bit of a Non-Post really.

 On the 24th of last month I had a trip out to visit a Winter Print Exhibition. This was being held in a Gallery near Sudbury in South Suffolk. Along with a miniatures painting exhibition.

It was in a different part of the county so some different artists to those who exhibit at the little art exhibitions I usually visit but it wasn't as big as I thought it would be.

Unfortunately only general photos were allowed, which rather mucked up my plan of sharing some of my favourites.

Third from the left below was a really good print of an allotment done in limited colours.



My favourite, which I couldn't do a close up of as I was being watched!, was a brown fox creeping through a snowy garden. Everything is black or white except the fox. It's the 4th from the left below on the top row, but impossible to see. I dithered over buying it but at £90 decided I'd better not and sadly the artist doesn't make greetings cards from her prints like some do - could have afforded one of those.





Bad light reflection on this excellent work below, which was on the stairs with no one watching me!


Loved the Goldcrest below



The gallery is in an old mill with the mill pond close by



Had to call in at a cafe/gift shop on the way  for breakfast - coffee and cheese scone of course! 
They had three Christmas trees in the cafe and lots of Christmas gifts in the shop, got Daughter some bamboo socks that she wanted for Christmas.

Picture of my cheese scone and coffee seem to be a regular thing!


I think I may have reached my limit for cheese scones for this year!


Back Tomorrow
Sue


23 comments:

  1. Those prints look beautiful from what you can see, well done getting that much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you were allowed to photograph the cheese scone! It looks like a very interesting exhibition. I sat in a traffic queue near Norwich Station last Friday and was delighted to watch the swans swimming along the river by the old Tudor buildings. Such graceful birds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did well to find any old Tudor buildings anywhere near Norwich Station.

      Delete
  3. The issue over photography lies in that the cameras on most phones are so good that images can be printed off to saleable quality. There are ways and means to buck the system but you don't want to get caught even if it's for "personal use" It looks like a lovely exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheese scones are my favourite and that one looked delicious! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im intrigued by the idea of bamboo socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so soft and comfortable. Highly recommend.

      Delete
  6. It looked an interesting display of paintings, esp. the fox in the snow - could see the general idea of that. Excellent portrait of a cheese scone at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The exhibition looked well worth the trip. I suppose artists have to protect their work from exploitation but surely the free advertising would be worth it?
    I like cheese scones, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some small art exhibitions don't mind photos - others are more protective

      Delete
  8. Hard to beat a tasty cheese scone and hot coffee, a real treat x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's some beautiful artwork there. Oh well, if that's your last cheese scone for this year you only have to wait under two weeks until you can start on next years offerings. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The art looks quite good and I especially like pieces showing wildlife and landscape. None of our coffee shops have Christmas trees which is really to bad. Spreading holiday cheer is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was interested re the allotment painting. When I was in London in July, the national portrait gallery had an exhibit on women. They had the painting of the Bronte sisters by Bramwell, and lots of depictions of other women. One woman had chosen to be painted in her allotment in her gardening clothes with a garden fork. It was one of my favourites at the exhibit. Jean in Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never had a cheese scone! I don't even know where I could buy one. Yours looks yummy, tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy to make. my go to recipe is Paul Hollywood’s. Can make without the onions and chives if you wish. Folding and turning is key - forgot that once and they were not nearly as good.

      I have made several batches of these this year for various fundraisers and always get good reviews.
      https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/cheese-chive-scones.16648/

      Delete
  13. Can one ever have too many cheese scones? They're delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the statue of the hare ( and cheese scones )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a wonderful exhibit. I really love scones of any type and should make some very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The exhibit looks lovely. It's a shame there aren't smaller prints or cards as they would have been a lot more affordable.

    Yum, I'd love a cheese scone. I really need to ask my sister for her recipe, but whatever I make don't seem as good - probably the cheese.

    ReplyDelete