We certainly didn't get the warm sunny weather that other parts of the country had through the second half of May. The position of the jet stream across the Atlantic meant the weather here in East Anglia came from the north and north east. This has meant that the heating has come on in the mornings and one morning when I got up too early the living room was freezing, as cold as a winter morning. That's taken the oil in the tank down to six bars = 840 litres. I'm watching heating oil prices and tank level ready to stock up during the summer when it tends to be cheaper.
We had all 100% of our May rain in the first days of the month and then nothing, and already I've had to fill a water butt from the mains for watering in the greenhouse- annoying.
Any Frugal things in the days I wasn't on holiday?
- Used the tumble dryer just once during the month
- Bread maker for home made bread and spiced fruit loaf
- Still mixing milk half and half with water
- Only use 2nd Class stamps
- Mainly reading free library books
- 2 tee-shirts from charity shops
- Several Christmas and birthday cards from car-boot sales for 20p or 50p each
- Mending leggings - yet again
- Not buying make-up and fancy products
- No alcohol bought
- Reading light for an hour is the only lighting needed now.
- And these Six 'posh' Christmas crackers were a 50p - car boot bargain