Thursday 18 May 2023

May 18th

 Found in the pictures file from a car boot sale that got forgotten to post about weeks ago when I was doing the Value Brands Experiment.

7 Really good  quality greetings cards. I paid 50p each. They still had their proper shop price stickers on the back and if I remember right added up to about £14 


One of the pen- friends I write to loves hares so every time I spot a hare card at a car boot I snap it up. This hare card is blank inside and huge, so made a good letter card.

2 Wallcharts for grandchildren, they were shiny coated paper and only had pin holes so still in good condition. Paid £1 for the two and passed them on to the nearest two grandchildren for their bedroom.


Apart from the Buddha head, I've not found much exciting in the last few weeks. Cheap washing soda crystals and greetings cards are a good bargain but not exciting. Think I've been too late arriving to find treasure - shall I make an effort to arrive before 7am?.............probably not.


Back Tomorrow
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Only if you really want to or reckon it is worth the effort. As you say - maybe not! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds with the cards and the hare one is particularly appropriate for your friend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Goldfinch with teazles and the hare cards are both very lovely. Bargains, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to hate the bustle of the dealers when I arrived early as a normal buyer, but when I was buying for the shop I was one of the bustling dealers ... so you have to have patience with them I guess. I always find arriving an hour or so after the early car boot sales begin to be a better idea, for me anyway.

    You got some good cards there, the grandson one, second from the left top row, is the sort of card they sell in Booths and at our posher garden centre, they are usually at least £3.95 each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why back when I dealt in antiques and collectibles, I did the arriving at crack of dawn thing. But some sellers arrived later and I got lucky there when I didn't make it out so early. It's a strenuous life!

    ReplyDelete