Tuesday 5 March 2024

A Little Bit of Spring............

...........has arrived on the top of the bookshelf and in the garden.



At the moment it's the Diary of an Edwardian Lady March plate. The Wren and the Blue Tit which are my only bits of Beswick and the Ladybird book 'What to Look For in Spring'. With a Camellia from the garden.

The new fence that belongs to my neighbours between me and them has been finished, it looks very solid but rather shows up the age of the back and the other side fence. Not that I'm thinking about replacing. I know somewhere on the information I got when I bought the bungalow it told me if they are mine or shared ownership but both are still OK. The man doing the work made a lovely job of tidying up on my side where he'd been standing to do the work. It always strikes me as odd that the person who owns a fence only gets to see the side with the posts, while I get the nice finish!


The Flowering Cherry is now covered with flowers, despite the pigeons who sit there and peck off the buds.

Thanks for comments yesterday - I shouldn't have said I'd nothing to blog about as there's always something.

Back Tomorrow - probably!
Sue

15 comments:

  1. We had our new fence with the nice side facing us. Great excitement on Saturday we had a wren sitting on it, first one we've seen here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of sunshine, a brilliant blue sky, and cherry blossom are a joy to behold - so is a tidy worker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to see the blossom appearing even if it is raining yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to have the nice side of the fence, we have the other side along one boundary, and our mad cat woman would not allow us to upgrade panels, we have the cheaper looking ones, hubby has painted them to make them look better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blossom.
    I have the less attractive looking side of next door's fence but it still OK. I need to get my side and the rest of the fencing painted this summer though. There's always something. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have apricot blossom but no other blossom so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fence looks lovely, I have always thought exactly the same about the 'good side' being on the person who hasn't paid for it's side, it's not right is it. We have the double-sided slide in fence panels and concrete uprights front and back here. We paid for all of the back ones, and our neighbour who is a bit skint went halves on the lower front fence. The front on the other side was badly damaged by the high winds recently, so we are going halves again with the other neighbour as neither of us know who's fence it is supposed to be, it's only four short panels though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I counted six pigeons yesterday, patiently clearing my cherry tree of tiny buds!
    That is a beautiful Camellia; I've only ever seen pink/red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it always fun to see the Spring blooms! Mine seem early this year but I have little violets and a few daffodils already blooming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful camellia-it’s such a gentle colour. We double planked all the fences round our garden with the posts firmly in our ground. (And at our expense)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunshine and blue sky with blossoms in the garden sounds pretty ideal to me. Your camellia is lovely. The fence looks good and gives you nice privacy when spending time in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After the bleakness of winter the blossom is always so welcome, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are still in winter but there is hope it is rain today helping to melt the snow
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used to have what was called a good neighbour fence and the slats were done on opposite sides so both got to see the posts and the beams.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely blossom. As always, your display is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete