Friday 15 March 2024

Small Spend at a Small Boot-Sale

 It was actually fine on Wednesday so I decided to pop out to the mid-week car-boot sale. There were very few people selling.

I spent all of 50p on a whisk, to replace the whisk that I got last year, which replaced the whisk that I'd had forever but had gone rusty!

This years whisk


which replaced last years whisk which looks fine but it's too long and when left in a bowl it's top-handle -heavy and falls out flicking Yorkshire pudding batter everywhere......messy .......I've been caught out numerous times in the last year



I've put it in the charity shop bag -  maybe I should have put it in the bin - but I'll leave that for the next owner!


Who knew a blog post could be made about a 50p whisk!

Back Tomorrow
Sue

14 comments:

  1. Anything's bloggable and the long-handled whisk might be exactly what someone else is looking for:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very blogable Sue - (warning - feeble joke coming): A timely warning Sue - I suspect we have all BIN there with something we.ve bought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve got a whisk that does that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe I should follow you and hand it on for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if anyone tests their whisk designs before they get them manufactured and sent out to market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funnily enough I was using my hand whisk on Wednesday to mix up cream cheese, cream and condensed milk with lemon juice for a cheesecake filling. It’s just not the same when it’s done with the electric one. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the new old whisk will be a much better option than the old, old whisk.

    I had an old whisk like that I ended up using it in the polytunnel to mix up the tomato feed in the watering can, so it at least found a new use without someone else's wall wearing cake batter like mine did!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As chief washer upper in this house, whisks are one of the implements that drive me mad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The humble whisk is definitely worth blogging about and 50p a good buy.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good deals are always worth blogging about, Sue! I got a cute t shirt for $2 at the resale shop last week - it was marked 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buying a yearly whisk seems the new norm. My electric tea kettle broke a few days ago after about 10 years of use. I ordered a new one. The new has a plastic base and handle and lacks quality. The old one was nearly all stainless steel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the whisk flick! Like you, I have been caught out on many an occasion, then I spotted a very short whisk, tiny handle. It looks ridiculous, but I enjoy using it - and it never does a naughty flick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two of the fall out of the batter or whatever whisks, I need one of the whisks you got at the boot sale. However I have never seen any like this in Canada.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol. Glad you found a cheap one at the sale!

    ReplyDelete