Wednesday 13 March 2024

The Flood/Car Saga is Over

I looked after the MG and YGD on Saturday so that Son and DiL could go and find a new-to-them car. Second-hand cars are crazy expensive nowadays - now that 'they' want everyone to buy electric which most people can't afford and will be impossible to charge for the majority who don't live in homes with driveways and room to park and plug -in. 
 Thankfully they found something suitable so my car is all mine again and if it had been fine on Sunday I would have gone to the Woolpit boot-sale ........but of course it rained YET AGAIN - All Day.


Stayed at home instead and decided to craft a few cards using up some more of my craft stash. After 3 Easter cards I remembered why I don't enjoy card making much anymore....rather be reading or writing.



The cookery section of the Bacton Fayre and Produce Show in August is organised by the WI and I've been helping for the last few years. So I spent some time searching through the WI Cakes and Biscuits cookery book for ideas ready to send off details to  the Schedule editor. I seem to have volunteered to assist the judge on the day as I have done for the last couple of years. Not sure I'll enter much this year, it makes a very tiring couple of days, baking the day before then on the day having to pick fresh vegetables and  get there early for putting entries in and then 3 or 4 hours helping and then looking round the Fayre and going back again to collect entries at the end of the day -  I'll see nearer the time - I'm probably too competitive NOT to enter something!

Mother's Day pressie from Son and DiL made me smile - hanging here until I find a hook


and lovely flowers for this weeks Flowers On The Table



And more good news, my car had it's annual service and went through the MOT on Monday, so that's sorted.


Back Tomorrow
Sue

34 comments:

  1. Relief for you as everything has turned out well. Wondered why the garage fell on my car with such glee and gave me a good price. Secondhand cars are bargains compared to electric cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though things are going in the right direction, at last. We just need the weather to cooperate.
    The electric car campaign has not been thought through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very fed up with the wet and grey weather and so is everyone I speak to

      Delete
  3. I love those signs. I have two. One says 'Don't make me use my Teacher Voice' and the other 'Retired, happy and spending the kids' inheritance.'
    They both make me smile each time I notice them.
    So glad your car issue is now sorted out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather ironic that the sign is something else to dust!

      Delete
  4. You might not ike making cards but those three you made are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with the car, I have loads of card making stuff here, hopefully Molly will use some of it, if she is not interested I will give it all to our local school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kept cross stitch stuff and card blanks and some papers just in case I get the urge to craft!

      Delete
  6. The flowers are absolutely beautiful - and the sign is definitely a keeper - made me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are gorgeous colours and the sign makes me smile

      Delete
  7. Glad the car business is settled.
    I think your cards are very cute.
    Lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good to get my car back and serviced and OK for another year

      Delete
  8. I know what you mean about card making, I still dabble in it but not with the enthusiasm I once had. A library visit for me this morning - that's top of my treat list these days!
    The flowers are very pretty.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me wants to clear out all the card making stuff but then I'd probably regret it

      Delete
  9. I try to choose cards at charity shops; there are some really nice ones.
    I try not to go above 50p a card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are sweet. I am glad that the car situation is all sorted out. Relief for all concerned, I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is - it dragged on for too long

      Delete
  11. I particularly like the pink chick, she is winking!
    Totally agree about the dusting, reading is much more important.
    Good to know they have a car. The freedom of the open road for you, then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to cut off the chicks plastic feet - felt so wrong!!

      Delete
  12. I am glad your son bought a car and your car is back with you. The Tesla is not all that great. In Massachusetts where the Winter can go well below freezing and occasionally a week (plus) in Summer is 90-100 degrees F, the Tesla battery does not hold a charge. Personally, until the battery can hold a charge in all temperatures, why bother buying a Tesla. The battery charging requires a charging station. (Alternatively, some people are running an extension cord from their clothes dryer to the Tesla for charging.) My neighbor buys Tesla and I've seen these issues. For now, I'll stay with my gas powered cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be very difficult to change a whole population to electric

      Delete
  13. Love the sign...and the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sign! Oh how true. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. A friend of mine had this comment about housework:

    I swept the room with a glance.

    It would make a great sign.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sign!! Glad you have your car back and that it passed it's MOT.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely flowers. Glad the car survived the MOT. It must be nice to have it back again as well. I feel rather lost without my car sometimes.
    Your cards turned out really lovely. My sister said it rained all Sunday. She went to Mum's bench at Felixstowe but only managed a quick walk to drop off the flowers and not a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful flowers. Absolutely chortled at the signage - spot on!! What pretty cards you made. That's not a craft that has ever appealed to me. Prefer x-stitch and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the sign. :-)

    Perhaps simplify your entries this year. One vegetable, one jar of preserve and one cake, it would be a shame not to enter anything at all.

    ReplyDelete