Thursday 14 March 2024

Old Posts and The Most Viewed Post Ever

 Very short of blogging ideas and I know that when I said that a couple of weeks ago things turned up to write about but it hasn't happened this week. So I looked at some old posts and according to Stats this is the most viewed post ever = 12 thousand + views!!


WHY??


From Monday  4th May 2020 - when we were in the middle of lockdowns - which, thank God, we have all forgotten about.



I've finished another little cross stitch picture for a card

Koalas with googly eyes.



I have a request..........do you do cross stitch or know people who do. Please could you ask around and see if anyone has a chart for the little owl on the right. It would have been a free kit on Cross Stitcher Magazine but no idea how long ago -I'm guessing within in the last 10 years.
owl-cross-stitch-kits-joblot-bundle-card-keyring-scissor-case
The  kit made a scissor case which, with the scissors in the case, made the handles look like the owls eyes. I don't need the kit - just the chart.
I saw these 3 kits on ebay and they sold for.........wait for it................. £19!!!

This is probably a vain hope but while I keep fingers crossed I'll start another little picture for a card.
Purple Irises this time I think




Lots of people commented about the kits and sent me links and the chart and I made the glasses case kit and have done hardly any cross-stitch since! But I really don't understand why this post has so many page views.

Back Tomorrow
Sue



18 comments:

  1. Jane from Dorset14 March 2024 at 07:04

    I posted a picture of the pizza I made for our evening meal on Instagram
    It has reached many more accounts than any other.
    Why?
    Very odd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that post. Often "can anyone help me find this?" posts get shared round the crafting community, and if just 7people pass a request on to 7others...after six such repetitions that's around 12k hits. What is good is that you did get the pattern, and what's better is that you continue to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Angela probably has hit the nail on the head and the blogging community are on the whole a helpful lot who like to get involved from time to time 😀
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When a blogger asks for leads or ideas, people keep returning to see what others are suggesting, so it could well be 3k people looking 4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My crafting mojo has gone awol and I still haven’t finished decluttering the kitchen. I’m blaming this wet and miserable weather or maybe I just need to power on and get it finished. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. My most viewed post had the title of 'The C word', it was May 2019, and the C was Christmas, all I can think is they thought it was something else, a word I never say or write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no rhyme or reason to why some posts are so much more visited than others. I'm just glad if someone has responded! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also think Angela hit the nail on the head with the post you refer to. As far as my visitor numbers go the visits go up at the first hint of any controversy especially in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funnily enough I was looking at Stats the other day and was amazed to find out how many of my old blogs are being read on a daily basis and how high the viewing numbers are on them now. Our New Life in the Country's most accessed post was my Pears in Brandy post with over 20 thousand hits. My most viewed page on there is the recipes one, with 32 thousand views.

    I also fell down a rabbit hole of reading one of my Challenges, the one done during lockdown (Crazy days Challenge). I have never reread it since writing it, but it was a good trip down memory lane, to a time when we all went through so much upheaval

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cross stitch card is adorable. My mother did some cross stitch when she fell ill. I still have a few the things she made. It is amazing the reach your blog has. You have a large friendly group of followers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just out of interest I looked at my most popular posts. Top one was about my sister, second was on frugal tips and the third one was just about some yellow stickers I got. I also get about 500 to 600 hits on most posts but only get about 10 comments. Who knows how it all works!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ali, who knows how it all works? I have just 69 followers, around a dozen comments most days and yet over 600 views every day. I don't mind people not commenting so much, but it would be nice if they would press the Follow button just so that I know who's reading my ramblings. I am often tempted to limit my blog to just the commenters. One day i might!

      Delete
  12. One never knows which post will be the most popular. Mine never really get very high.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never pay attention to that. I wonder... (and off I trot...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't see the photo of the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it funny what posts get the most views?

    ReplyDelete
  16. One reason I don't "follow" anyone is because it's always nosy Google who sticks its nose in - I never use my Google email a/c and only set it up to use a meeting type set up (now not necessary) that my colleagues insisted we use instead of Zoom. I visit so many blogs each day if I ever had emails from them all I'd never have time to visit them.........not sure if that's what happens but assume so... I love the reasoning on the thousands who seem to visit. Shows how interested we all are in each others happenings, I love blogs and am grateful so many are happy to share their days with people like me who "just don't get out much anymore".Thanks Sue, Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete