Wednesday 17 October 2018

Still searching.............

.......but not often finding.
 Car boot sales is what I'm talking about and probably not often finding  because there isn't anything I need for myself!

A week ago, before the back went Ping,  I  actually got round to visiting the big Wednesday car-boot sale at Needham Market and found a few things for Christmas.


Seems everyone will be here for lunch on Christmas day including daughter-in-laws father and sister so I need just a little gift.
Found the slipper socks for 50p. The car cleaning sponge to go with something else for 20p. Had to pay £2.50 for the oven gloves but still a bargain. The book is for me to look through - it was 50p.. And then the children's torch - least said about this the better - as when I got it home and took out the old batteries I found the inside connections had completely rusted away so it had to go in the bin. Good thing it was only 50p.

I love the Winnie the Pooh bib which is for Willow on Christmas day t'was 20p and the only thing I got from the previous Sunday boot sale!

Thank you for comments yesterday, I would love to know who told us children that a sumach was called a vinegar tree and how I've remembered this for 50+ years.
 My back is much better but still not back to normal, no swimming for me this week that's for sure. Hope it gets right soon - I'm running out of posts in drafts, getting through so many books and itching to get outside to do more gardening.


Back Tomorrow
Sue

14 comments:

  1. That book is a firm favourite. I found a copy at The Works for a really good price, but yours is much better. I tried making the bunny, and let's just say it would have been perfect for a Halloween decoration!!

    Look after yourself, hope your back starts getting back to normal soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have that book but yet to make anything in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very interesting. I shall look out for it. I'm glad the back is recovering and also glad you are taking things carefully.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue So sorry about your back. Don't know whether it will help you or not but it certainly helps me when my back is bad (have a disc out of alignment in the lower back that they will not do anything about for the time being) but I use a product called Deep Freeze which is a herbal based spray which I have found helps with the muscles surrounding the injury which are often the source of the pain as they contract. It is an alcohol based spray with lots of herbals which goes on cold and then warms up the affected area. I have found that this helps and makes things more liveable whilst the back is recovering. I think it costs about £10 per spray which sounds a lot but is not when you take into account that well for me anyway it lasts about three months with spraying most days. It is not a cure but makes things more liveable and more able to cope with the pinching and pain which after so long gets you down. Hope this helps. Here is a l ink to the actual product http://www.deepfreeze.co.uk/products/


    There are some lovely finds there. Take care Pattypan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the book in the Works and was tempted but knew I had little time to make anything so put it back (unusual for me!). There are lovely things inside though.
    Hope your back improving now - DH is having to rest his for a day or two - did too much heaving about in the garden at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the book which I have really enjoyed and have been inspired. I do miss a good car boot sale they are rare here. Hope you feel better soon and are back to gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely things you got there, Sue. I wish there were more boot sales round here, they all seem to shut down for autumn/winter. Hope the back continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice things from your car boot. We don't have car boots near where I like but we do have 2 jumbles each year which are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great bargains there, shame about the torch ... but for 50p it's not the end of world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing that torch has jogged my memory. I once had a projector and some Tom and Jerry slides. I spent hour upon hour playing with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely day here today Sue - perfect for gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a good selection from the car boot sales. You are really going to be prepared for Christmas when it arrives! I do hope your back continues to get better so you can enjoy what's left of the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite the lovely selection. That book will be perfect to use in making gifts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue you might want to have a look at 'Bugwoman' blog. She is featuring the Sumac this week!

    Also I have a duplicate of 'Tea with Mr. Rochester' a Perspehone book. Would you like me to post it to you? If so, email me with your address. It's a very slim book...

    ReplyDelete