My 'looking for' is much simpler...............just at car-boot sales in the second half of the year!!
Then was my list updated......................... posted at the end of April.
- For Willow.... young children's classic books like Very Hungry Caterpillar (Still looking for a copy of VHC but have found others)
- For Willow...............Wooden fit-the-shapes-in puzzles✔
- For Florence.......winter clothes aged 3 - 4 .....ready for next winter (Few found but need more)
- For Jacob's birthday ? (must ask eldest what Jacob needs)✔ Sorted
- For me..............vest tops in light colours (None found yet, may buy some cheap new ones)
- Things that would make Christmas gifts (No luck yet.... except for Grandchildren)
- Printer cartridges - Epson with a cheetah picture - vain hope! ✔ Huge surprise, found 3 out of the 4 colours at the local sale on Sunday!
A lemon balm plantFound one growing in the garden
- Kilner or similar bottles (Not jars -have plenty of them) for flavoured vinegar gifts ✔ ( Found 3 in a charity shop in Diss for 99p each
- I'm sure there are other things I'm looking for but didn't make a note of and can't remember now
- A stacking toy for Willow✔ at the local boot sale and given for part of her birthday pressie
Three weeks ago I remembered the "something else" I was looking because I got to the end of my Sudoko puzzle book and there wasn't another one indoors or in the car. I went and bought a massive one from The Works for £3 and then found one for 10p at a boot sale, so I'm OK for keeping my brain active until Christmas!
Also found another black ink cartridge for my printer - handy
Last Sunday at the local boot sale a lady had lots of girls clothes, she had them divided up into ages which was handy, so I had a look for things for Florence for next winter. I had to smile as she kept telling me the names of all the Brands "that's Next" or "that's M&S". I've never been seduced by brand names - especially with second-hand children's clothes. What I'm looking for is good condition, right size and cheap! I bought two hoodies, a long-sleeved top with leggings and a pair of jeans for £4 in total.
I popped to the mid week boot sale and found some more toys for the grandchildren and a couple of interesting looking books for me - even though I'm not supposed to be buying books! but at 50p each for hardback non-fiction it wasn't too expensive.
The big tub of zoo animals and another of dinosaurs were £2.50 each, giant teapot full of toy cups and saucers etc was just 50p. The box of Easter crackers? that's me being silly! 50p for the Easter mantelpiece.
The books look as if they ought to have been listed for the Wainwright prize that I blogged about a few days ago but neither were. The Long, Long Life of Trees looks fascinating........... a whole chapter about each tree......nearly 300 pages in all. They are on my TBR heap and to make up for buying these, 3 have gone into the car for the next charity shop trip. Two others have gone on the Ziffit pile and another one into the bag ready for when I do another boot sale.
So as of today .................I'm still looking for...................
- Forgotten I was supposed to be looking for a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar for Willow. I found one in a gift box with a furry caterpillar toy which made a gift for new Great Nephew but forgot Willow needed a copy too.
- Need to find Christmas gifts for Penfriends.
- If I find anymore Kilner preserving bottles...not jars.... I'll buy them for 2020!
- Anything interesting or useful??
I had an exhausting 24 hours with Florence - she was awake before 5am, I may need a couple of weeks to recover!
As there won't be much happening this week because the weather forecast is for HOT, I'm taking a few days off blogging. I'll be back when I've something to say!