Wednesday 24 March 2021

Even More Answers to Fill Another Blog Post

Susan asked ........................ I'm coming in late with a question but I wondered what you thought of "The Dig" Netflix film. I was nervous about how the Suffolk dialect would be presented. I thought Ralph Fiennes managed well.

ANSWER - Don't have Netflix so haven't seen it although I didn't rate the book at all. RF had tuition from a real Suffolk speaker for this film. I've been to Sutton Hoo a few times as we lived not far away.

Betty asked ............which room in any/all of your homes (past or future) will be the most important to you and make you feel the most that it is 'home'.

ANSWER - Once I get my things into the kitchen and living room then I soon feel at home everywhere I've lived

 Jeannie and Pauline asked.........If one was coming to visit Suffolk, what would be some of the places or things we'd be sure to see? 

ANSWER - Bury St Edmunds for the Cathedral and remains of the Abbey. The large church at Blythburgh- one of the favourites I've visited so far along with the tiny church at Thornham Parva. Framlingham Castle. RSPB reserve at Minsmere. Thorpeness for the quirky houses and the mere. Christchurch Mansion and park in Ipswich........ that's just for a start!

FB asked.......I have some questions, hope it’s OK to ask. 1. What are you most looking forward to in your new home?  2. Do you have any plans for changes/alterations to the new place? 3. Will you have time to grow some fruit and veg for the new season?

ANSWERS

1. Just getting in and getting unpacked to start with, I seem to have been twiddling my thumbs for weeks.

2.Probably yes - There are some patio doors that would be better as a window. And perhaps a door put in somewhere else. Might have a new kitchen too at some time 

3.The first thing I want to do is to get a greenhouse, then find someone to make me some vegetable beds, so not sure about this year. But anyway I need to work out the best places for the veg.beds.

EM Griffith asked .........Will I have a cutting garden?  

Quick Answer- No..........No spare room........... but I've decided to treat myself to a bunch of flowers much more often.


Back Tomorrow if I can think of something to write now all the questions are answered

Sue



20 comments:

  1. Fiennes was also born and raised in Suffolk so he had a head start. As a south Norfolk girl I thought his accent was perfect. The film itself was very good, not brilliant but good enough. I wrote about it on my blog fairly recently. When your reader asked the question I knew you wouldn't have seen it but then I wondered if your holiday rental might have Netflix but clearly not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get round to watching it when it appears on main TV channels I expect

      Delete
    2. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. So do look out for it, well worth the watch.

      Delete
  2. I have never visited any of the places you mentioned, maybe I will explore Suffolk a little. I think everyone should have flowers! glad you are going to treat yourself often although even a little windowsill can squeeze a few orchids and they do last a lovely long time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we had the campsite we found lots of people had never been to Suffolk and were surprised at what there was to see here

      Delete
  3. How did you meet husband. How long marries. Any children. I have been early to this blog. Your career.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these are answered in my profile on the right and I met my husband when we were both leaders at a Scout Group

      Delete
  4. I like Bury St.Edmunds have been several times, my niece was married at the marriage rooms there. I also have a niece that lives in Bury and lots of relations lived in Suffolk very nice interesting county.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to being allowed to travel to Bury etc again soon

      Delete
  5. Aahhh...the soothing lovliness that is a bunch of flowers...there's just something about them...though Kitty is currently trying to knock the petals off of my Mothering Sunday tulips! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As there won't be room for lots of flowers in my new home and I've made a good profit on the house sale I reckon a bunch of flowers a week will be a good plan!

      Delete
  6. It's a funny time when you move getting new place. You are right you need to take time to get to know a garden and decide which is the best place for everything otherwise it is easy to make an annoying mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there are some good sunny spots in the new garden. Might not do much in it this year

      Delete
  7. Nice idea buying flowers for yourself, I was going to pick some of the daffodils from the garden but I've packed all the flower vases and we went to the bottle bank so no pickle jars either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think buying flowers for myself was too extravagant but I'm going to change my mind and splash out

      Delete
  8. I always want the kitchen and the bedroom sorted first when we've moved house. I often buy myself a bunch of flowers when I go shopping. Very cheering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing about your plans for your new home. I know you will make it lovely with any changes and decorating you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am interested in your suggestions for places to visit, as we're planning to come up on holiday [postponed from last summer]. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the suggestions of where to visit. If we ever get back to the UK we will try and see some of those places.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for answering my question -- and others, too. Consider those spots added to my list!

    ReplyDelete