Thursday 4 March 2021

Primroses Everywhere

 Primroses have spread like mad in the oval rose garden and have been in flower for weeks, way before the snow. 

And I'm sure there are more down the meadow than when we arrived  4 years ago.(And I hope the blur of condensation that appeared on the lens in these photos isn't permanent)
Here's  one  busy buzzy bee and if I knew where the Bee Identification chart was  I'd be able to tell you what sort of bee it is!
And finishing  with the Primrose Fairy and her song from The Complete Book of Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker
 

On the sunny side of the ditches around the lanes Primroses are everywhere and I'm sure there are more than years ago when I was small. Nowadays they always seem to be a very early sign of Spring.


Back Tomorrow
Sue

16 comments:

  1. Our ditches were always lined with primroses when I was a child, and still are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember violets, cowslips on the lane banks plus oxslips in the woods but don't remember the banks of primroses like I see everywhere now. I might just have forgotten - who knows

      Delete
  2. I am delighted that the new to me garden here has masses of Primroses and tiny plantlets strewn through the grass on the bank too. A delight.

    When I was growing up, we lived on the edge of town so I don't remember many Primroses. I've made up for it since and they were a joy along the lanes at our old home.

    The bee could be a Red-Tailed Bumble Bee - Bombus lapidarius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bovey Belle has beaten me to it, I was also going to suggest a red-tailed bumble bee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Primroses (and cowslips) are so lovely . . .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful primrose. Yes, it is wonderful to see the harbingers of spring, here with us snowdrops and march cups are blooming - the primroses come a little later, but the first bees have already appeared. Warm regards to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Primroses and according to my Mum I was born on Primrose Day, so I guess I should love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful. I love the bee picture! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never realised until recently how many different types of bees there are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not seen a single primrose out up here in North Yorkshire yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not seen a single primrose here on the Isle of Lewis either, but that could be that I haven't be out very far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are lovely! It's too early for any type of flowers here yet. Maybe in another month or two. I love the Book of Flower Fairies that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love primroses. No flowers here yet, perhaps later my tulips will be coming up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe the bees are about already! How beautiful the primroses look. I just want anything to grow lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these 'wild' primroses that sprout up everywhere. I see them on my walks and have quite a few in various places in my garden and even on my lawn - I mow round them ;)

    ReplyDelete