Saturday 13 March 2021

Two Weeks Into March

Maybe I've brought too much stuff to the holiday let. It was difficult to know what would be needed as I've never had a 4 week "holiday" before. After finishing the cleaning at the cottage on Wednesday I brought another car load......some things were left for me to use for cleaning, other items brought because I didn't know what was here and one or two things found that had  missed being packed. So, knowing my car is in for it's MOT on Monday and needing it cleared,  yesterday I took everything to BiL's garage - thank goodness he has spare space after doing a big tidy-up.
It's a good thing that having a clean car isn't part of the MOT as it's muddy on the outside and dusty on the inside. A spotless car has never been high on my priorities list!

How's this for going above and beyond...............................I had a phone call from Andrew the Library Man who had got permission from his boss to hand deliver all the requested books that had been stuck in crates in storage since December directly to each persons home. The mobile will be up and running again in April but as it runs on a four week cycle it will be May before it gets to some villages.  I'd changed pick up point for later requests to Debenham Library but there were 3 books that had already arrived at the mobile depot.
So for the first time since December here's a library book photo 


Andrew said he has 300 books to deliver, I said I hope he was getting money for petrol for his car and he is. He's just pleased to get out and about after nearly 3 months at home and this will get all the books back into circulation.
No idea why I ordered the London book and the book about snow is a month too late but I'm really looking forward to reading "I Saw Him Die" it's another by this author featuring Agatha Christie solving a crime in her spare time between writing her own crime stories......a clever concept. This is the 4th he's written in this series. The mobile library is next due in my new village in early May so hopefully I'll just be able to walk up the road which will be a treat.
 
This week I've been grateful for
  • Getting settled in my temporary home
  • Not having to go far in the very cold windy weather 
Thank you to everyone for comments yesterday.
Hope you all have a good weekend, I'll be back Monday
Sue

31 comments:

  1. My bedside table was dismantled and packed flat yesterday. Now I have a plastic crate by the bed, upside down, supporting lamp, clock, book and medication (and cup of tea) In 30 days time, I'll pack all the last minute bedroom stuff into the crate! Living in limbo is weird. So glad you got your library books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we are all living in a state of limbo at the moment!! My bedside table is the floor, handy really as we are sleeping on just a mattress the bed frame is already assembled at our temporary flat.

      Delete
    2. It's really strange how so many bloggers are in the middle of moving at the moment. Hope we all get settled soon

      Delete
  2. A rucksack of clothes, sponge-bag, phone and laptop and my current book would be all I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed bedding, towels, food from the freezer and cupboards, books and several other things so it bit more than travelling light

      Delete
  3. What a treasure Andrew is! I'm sure you're not the only one grateful for his delivery. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He offered to do this during the first lockdown but wasn't allowed which meant by the time the mobile got going he had 100's of books that had been reserved all waiting to be picked up

      Delete
  4. Well I hope you enjoy those books after such a long wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to get the John Rogers book! We have been following his walk and talk round north London and Essex on You Tube and he is a very interesting man with great introspection of current life. I am desperate to get a copy of his book (our library does not have an e copy!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why I ordered it - wish I could lend it to you as I'm not sure I'll read it

      Delete
  6. Your library is doing better than our post office in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you have everyone ask a question and then you could Blog answers. You could maybe get several posts as you just answer so many questions each time. Just a thought and also I'd love to see some photos of where you are and the cost of the Holiday let. What does the area have to offer and photos of the area. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good idea - possible filling several posts.

      Delete
  8. Living in a temporary home sounds a bit like camping. I'm sure you will be happy to make your final move and set up for permanent living. Your library is wonderful to be making home deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an odd experience - knowing all my possessions are stored away in a warehouse

      Delete
  9. I also would like the John Rogers book as I follow his walks on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the youtube and have no idea why I ordered it - not sure I'll read it

      Delete
  10. I think I would have just packed as though for a one week holiday and then washed clothes etc at the end of each week. I am definintely determined to be even more minimal in my new place .... but then I think I have said this before ... haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to unpacking everything to see what else I don't need after living out of a few bags for a month

      Delete
  11. What a happy surprise to get the books delivered, and perfect timing too! Enjoy the one you are looking forward to reading! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice surprise to get his phone call - I didn't even know they had my mobile number!

      Delete
  12. No idea why? Picking the London book might have been subliminal! I blogged about it weeks ago and embed John Rogers' excellent short films about walking round London from time to time.

    It's a good read. I read it not long ago and enjoyed it the deeper into it I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe thats where I saw it - thank you for sorting out that mystery, Now I've got it I'm not really in the right mood!

      Delete
  13. I am glad that you are settling in, just don't get too settled.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only here until Easter and it's not somewhere I would want to live, too close to a road and no garden

      Delete
  14. Oh, do tell us about "I Saw Him Die" when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it very quickly and have written about it on my separate 'books read' page

      Delete
  15. How nice of Andrew! It must be nice to have some new books to read to keep you company on your 'holiday'. It is really difficult knowing what to take. When husband was in the military and we were moving from place to place I never knew what to keep out and what to pack up to be seen some time in the future. Sometimes it was almost like Christmas when we got to unpack everything again. Not that we had a lot then when we were starting out.

    ReplyDelete