Move house and there's usually something that needs buying or work that needs doing.
In my case this time it was a fridge/freezer, a dishwasher, two pairs of black-out curtains for my bedroom, a heavy duty dirt trapper runner mat for the hall, a whirly washing line and an extra long curtain rail for the living room and more recently a small chest freezer to put in the garage. No furniture, no painting and decorating, no carpets............... I reckon I got away lightly!
- 3 (or maybe 4)water butts with taps and stands and the connections to greenhouse guttering and house down-pipe(s) (first one for Greenhouse now on order) Once I get the water butts set up I can sort out getting a water meter and save on the cost of my water supply and sewerage charge.
- Wire for tying in the raspberry canes in the new bed
- Netting to cover the long thin raspberry bed
- Netting to cover the other raspberries up against the fence
- Automatic window opener for greenhouse
What a good thing it was a down-sizing move leaving some money spare!
Then there is the one list that's needed all year round.......... the general shopping list. I keep it in the kitchen with a pen and add things as they are needed, before I run out. This month very few things needed as the garage freezer still has some of the things I got in for Christmas when I didn't know who was where and when.
And talking about shopping lists, it will soon be time to start thinking about what I need to look out for at car-boot sales. The first sales are noted in my diary for the beginning of March, and the way time flies by now I'm old, that will be here in no time.