Tuesday 19 July 2022

Greetings Cards

 At one Sunday car boot sale a few weeks ago I came home with nothing except this bundle of lovely cards to use for birthdays/Christmas, they are mostly hares or owls and were 50p each. 


Finding these gave me a nudge to sort out my card making stuff - I really needed to have a sort out and clear out as when the en-suite is rebuilt in the bedroom my craft shelves and boxes will have to be moved out and after the work is done there won't be as much room for them as previously.
This year I think I've only put together a couple of cards from die-cut toppers and can't really get up any enthusiasm for card making anymore.
So I had a big clear out - material I was keeping "just in case I ever bought another sewing machine" was reduced to a smaller box; a large box of ribbons and bows was whittled down to just a small bag that went in with the material; another big box of random bits for decorating cards went out;  lots of papers were put into a box ready to go to grandchildren for crafting and all that meant  I went from 2 sets of shelves full of stuff down to one and several empty storage boxes to put in the garage/sell or give away along with the spare shelf unit.

 
I've kept the cross stitch charts, a few small kits, aida, threads and card blanks and the peel-off labels,  because perhaps sometime in the future I'll be glad of doing X stitch again. Also hanging onto a folder of die cut sheets that are easy to use for cards. I've kept a box of shape cutters and serrated scissors which hopefully will be passed onto the grandchildren when they are older. But everything else is in the car ready for a charity shop.

How did you get on during the first of the Red Hot Days? (We were only in the Amber warning area here but plenty warm enough) It would have been nicer here without the workman next door - carrying on with laying their patio with his radio going all day. I had all jobs done by 10am and settled down with the World Athletics Championships on TV, lots of glasses of water, a Sudoku book, another of my library books and the start of turning an old watercolour book into a scrapbook to keep all the best bits from the old scrapbooks that I found in the boot sale last year and to add some of my own old postcards and scraps.
 


Back Tomorrow
Sue

14 comments:

  1. Curtains pulled, watching The Witcher again, with x-stitch and book to hand and LOTS of water. The livestock pens at the Royal Welsh would have been a better bet as they had huge fans on the ceilings in there.

    Well done with sorting through your card making/craft things. I whittled my fabric stash down big time before moving and gave it to our Patchwork teacher. I still have a fair bit though . . . Some really pretty fat quarters which need making up into something.

    Every drop of water which has been run into the washing up bowl gets recirculated watering round the pots in the south-facing yard. Everything is suffering and the pond level has dropped considerably as we have had a dry year.

    Lovely cards that you bought - a great buy.

    Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put a watering can in the corner of the kitchen, and I'm collecting "grey water" in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I catch the cold water from the hot tap for watering my plants. I remember emptying the bath out in 1976 for watering the garden. The house is fairly cool, high ceilings and north facing helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was hot but I stayed inside and it wasn't so bad really.
    Lovely cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards you bought - especially the hare's head. Isn't it difficult to do a dispassionate cull of craft materials. It must help that you have grandchildren who can benefit from the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why would someone want to rid themselves of such beautiful cards? I have worked the last three days...in a mask. Yesterday was by far the worst. Today I am completely spent. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got a nice soaking rain yesterday. Very much needed. We are warm but not unseasonably so. Fans keep us cool enough along with our covered porch. It is hard to weed out craft supplies I did it a couple of years ago.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a puddle, totally melted already and today is worse than yesterday. I love the cards what a good buy and also good that it inspired a sort out ... you know I like a good sort out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue as usual I am totally in awe of your organisation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards I wouldn't have been able to resist them. I love hares and owls and we have both in the fields around our house. A card is such a lovely way to send thoughts and greetings to others. Scrap books are fascinating, and its good to see others. Does anyone remember the Rainbow scrap books from Woolworths?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's far, far too hot today, 38° and sweltering. Been indoors for the last 3 days with doors, windows and blinds closed (until it cools at night) and fans to move the air around. Lord but I dislike this heat 😱 Desperately in need of rain.
    Well done for moving on some craft stuff. It's always hard to work out what to part with isn't it. Lovely tidy shelves now πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hare and rabbit cards are lovely. The heatwave is expansive. Today is 90 degrees F in Massachusetts. My heat pumps are set to cool and the house is comfortable. I weeded my gardens and did some grocery shopping early this morning before the heat of the day. Now I'm reading blogs. Staying indoors to avoid the heat is my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always enjoyed seeing the cards you made. They were and are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hot in Ohio. Fortunately I live in an airconditioned house.

    ReplyDelete