[There was one interesting thing at the vets that almost made up for the expense. Someone had just brought in an injured owl so I got to see a young barn owl at close up - a very cross owl! They put him in a cage and covered over so he would calm down. Hope they get him sorted]
Planned things that Had to be paid.............. the dentist check up, scale and polish and then a filling; diesel for the car, food for me and the cat; broadband and phones direct debits.
Things I bought that I really didn't need in my so called "No/Low Spend January"
Flower Fairies Book
Stuff for grandchildren
The Cheese Plate
The only Frugal bits I can think of.......
- Using the leeks from the garden, made a big batch of veg curry with leeks, apple, prunes,onion. spinach from the freezer and small potatoes. Put 4 boxes in freezer.
- Reading free library books
- Using homegrown peppers, mangetout peas and courgettes from the freezer.
- Still eating beetroot from the garden
- Picked up twiggy bits from the meadow to dry for kindling wood.
- Dried washing outside and then in front of fire 90% of the time. (Had to use tumble drier once)
- Still mixing whole milk half and half with water.
- I've been using up meat from the freezer - some had been there since before Colin died!I'm eating so little meat now I'm on my own.
- Mended a woolly hat that had developed a hole because I'd removed the bobble!
- Ziffit were doing a 15% extra weekend, so I went through lots of books Again and found just under £16 worth they wanted which became over £18.
More stuff out (or nearly out)
- Two inherited 9 carat rings that I couldn't wear because they were too chunky and a pair of stud ear rings sold at the Auction House in town and brought me £92. A 22 carat ring goes in another sale later in the year. Then I'm going to buy some jewellery I can actually wear......just plain rings or a wind-up watch.
- Few books to the charity shop
- Some cross stitch bits into the car boot box under the stairs.
- A mug that got chipped into the bin
- A circular Christmas tablecloth - forgot I had this - it's gone into the car boot box under the stairs
- A jam dish into the car boot box
- More of Col's pairs of trousers to charity shop
- 2 Jigsaw puzzles into Car Boot box
- Sorted through the reels of cotton in my sewing box and moved a small bag full to the car boot box
Said the same thing in January and November - it never happens!
I've been trying to work out how much it costs for me to live here, there are so many columns in my accounts book
- Council Tax ( the biggest expense)
- Phone and computer
- TV licence
- Heating oil
- Boiler service
- Gas for cooker
- Sewer pump out
- House insurance
- Expenses in the kitchen
- Expenses in the bathroom
- Laundry stuff
- Household stuff
- Car Insurance
- Car Service
- Breakdown Insurance
- Fuel for car
- The cat
- Wild birds
- The Grandchildren
- Birthdays and gifts
- Clothes and shoes
Thank you to everyone for comments over the last few days, it's good to know people are enjoying the church photos - just wish I was a better photographer!