Wednesday 22 May 2019

Squeezing things into the Greenhouse

All the pots I could find have now been planted up and the greenhouse is full. Not only have I got tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and aubergines in their big pots there are also lots of things waiting to go outside as soon as I have time.


Above are 5 'pointy' Pepper plants plus five Aubergines in big pots. French Climbing beans to go out as are the Sweetcorn - baby ones for stir-fries. One more big pot ready for another yellow tomato. 2 trays sown with mangetout peas. 2 pots sown with nasturtiums - no sign of them yet. Some small tomato plants to go in the hanging baskets and at the end  are 2 cucumbers. Also some squash seedlings just emerging.

Down the other side are 9 various tomato plants with French Marigolds also in the pots to encourage insects in for pollination and another cucumber in the big pot at the end.


It's been lovely and warm in the greenhouse compared to outside where there has still been some chilly wind. I love having open fields all round but it doesn't do much for blocking the winds.

Now have to hope for  a good harvest. Fingers crossed.

Back Tomorrow
Sue



29 comments:

  1. Everything looks so healthy and flourishing! Great to homegrown veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now just have to wait for things to get going

      Delete
  2. It all looks absolutely fantastic - you put my feeble efforts to shame, Sue. I'm sure your harvest will be very rewarding!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The greenhouse is my favourite place to garden - standing up to do stuff suits me better than bending over the veg beds

      Delete
  3. Looks great. You are about two weeks ahead of us here in Scotland - well, me anyway! It's a beautiful day here at the moment and I'm probably going to repot all my tomatoes and cucumbers into their big pots today, but the plants aren't as big as yours. Lets hope for a nice warm, dry (with rain at night for the plants) summer and lots of delicious fruit and veg from the garden! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like a summer like last year with a bit more rain - overnight

      Delete
  4. It was a lovely day yesterday and I put the last of the flowers in, my wallflowers are coming to the end, they have been lovely.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still not up to where you were in the last greenhouse pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All looks very lush . We are a bit ahead down here with some planting out already done. It's been beautifully warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had some chilly north/east winds here to slow things down

      Delete
  7. I ought to show your greenhouse pics to my husband, just so he can see how a neat and tidy one should look! (He'll just roll his eyes).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I see the benefit of that greenhouse. Your plants look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so strong and healthy. I am so excited to be very soon the proud owner of an indoor garden, it will mall the difference to what we can grow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks lovely. Soon you will reap the rewards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so, there are flowers on the tomatoes now

      Delete
  11. You have a wonderful garden planned; I join you in wishing you a good harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're juggling stuff in the greenhouse. We need to get stuff planted out soon, so that the tomatoes can go into the ground in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! You must get so much pleasure being out there among your plants. It's a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would so love a greenhouse! Unfortunately we have quite a small garden, so I grow what I can a couple of raised beds and growbags. Your greenhouse is so well stocked!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, your green house is flourishing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how lucky you are to have such a nice greenhouse! I'd love to have one. You obviously have a very green thumb! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That greenhouse is a great credit to your green fingers Sue.

    ReplyDelete