Monday 30 May 2022

Small Car Boot Finds During The Month

 Boot sales are getting a bit repetitive already and finds were few and far between this month, this first lot all came out of the boxes of one of the house clearance people early in the month.....£2 the lot.


The dustpan is for keeping outside in shed or greenhouse, where I already have a soft hand brush and  has straightaway been used for clearing up the bits when I weeded the patio. Saving me traipsing through the house to fetch one from  the kitchen. The other items were the last saucer I needed for the plant stand, a lock and lock box - always handy for storing in the freezer and the bags are useful to have just-in-case.

 Then I had a couple of weeks finding nothing except for buying bunches of fresh beetroot, the plants mentioned earlier in the month and a lime green Heuchera for the front garden which the man told me was called "Lime Marmalade".

A Wednesday boot sale toward the end of the month was more successful as I once again found useful things. From the people who do house clearance I bought a brand new roll of baking parchment and a nearly full roll of clingfilm in one of the sturdy Lakeland cutter boxes. I popped them in the cupboard with the others found from boot-sales and decided I really don't need to buy anymore - there may be enough baking parchment to last me out.............and none bought new!


The Make Your Own Farm will be for Grandson in a year or so and the Insey Winsey spider game was brand new. A card for a granddaughter birthday is handy, and  finally the set of measuring spoons will make a WI prize or part of a Christmas gift. Total spend £5.50.

Next finds were a brand new magnetic world map jigsaw, which will be a birthday or Christmas present, another Granddaughter birthday card and a pack of small modules for seed sowing next year, replacing some that split this year.  £2.80 spent.


And finally a new purse ready for when the one I'm using (also from a boot sale several years ago) falls apart. Plus a few more birthday cards ........£3 total.

Nothing wildly exciting but several things that are cheaper than their new shop price so will save me money in time.


Back Tomorrow
Sue


20 comments:

  1. The dustpan made me smile. I keep one in the greenhouse too, with the brush often used to wash pots by the water butt. I also keep a small bottle of pump soap (stands in a tin mug), to wash my hands when they are really muddy. My greenhouse is further away from the house than yours though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very handy to have things for outside and inside I've found out over the years

      Delete
  2. Best way to get bargains and it certainly keeps the cash economy alive. I was at Malvern yesterday and it was cash all the way, like most Fairs. Cards taken by the jewellery dealers of course, and the stands with more expensive things, but cash rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try again! That Lock n Lock is worth a few quid on it's own! Wonder why your finding so much parchment, I go through loads.

      Delete
    2. try again! That Lock n Lock is worth a few quid on it's own! Wonder why your finding so much parchment, I go through loads.

      Delete
    3. It's very handy finding boxes of foil, cling film and parchment among the house clearance stuff. Something that will keep until I need it and costing pennies

      Delete
  4. Went to a large yard sale yesterday but came away with nothing. On Saturday did buy a metal gate to put as garden art in one of the flower beds. Must paint it blue first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found a few good finds anyway, Sue. I'm glad you did. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love heucheras and have them all over the garden - they are real value for money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A purple one I only bought last year died over winter - annoying!

      Delete
  7. You got some great bargains there, you seem to do really well from the house-clearance people, and it's good to know that at least things that might have once gone to landfill are being bought and used.

    That purse is very snazzy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Practical and very useful finds make great purchases. The prices are amazing. I get online feeds for estate sales (home clear outs usually) and they include photos of items for sale. The prices are outrageous and I have bought nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the house clearance people take all the small bits of junk to the car boot sales - which is lucky for me!

      Delete
  9. Good finds! I love to pick up cheap greeting cards and have a small selection ready for upcoming summer birthdays! Cards in the store are so expensive these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are some good bits there. I love the lock and lock boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a smart shopper. These items will certainly save you money, especially when everything keeps going up every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. im finding little at the car boots , im informed there is a family outing on Wednesday to one of the huge ones , my list for this year was pretty sparse anyway ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. You still found quite a few useful items and things to add to your gifts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete